A few days later, I went back to California by myself on the train to go to the dental convention. Not only did I get continuing education for my license, but I also got to spend time with my family. I also had the opportunity to see an awesome Dodger game with my sister and my nephew and let's not forget the In-n-Out burger I got to enjoy! While I was enjoying California, my wonderful husband took the kids camping with the cub scouts all by himself. Not sure if I would've done that. No, I probably would've. Kids and daddy did fine, much to my relief and they were there to pick me up at the train station. I missed them so much!
Not even a month later in June, we were on the road again to see Christopher graduate from my Alma mater, St. Paul High School. I still think of him as the little itty bitty boy who was my first love and stole my heart. It's hard to imagine him as a man in college now. I honestly don't know how to feel about that. A lot of mixed emotions. While we were there in California, we HAD to stop at Seal Beach and enjoy the water for a brief moment. My kids have turned into great travelers. There was some complaints, but they handled it like pros. While we were there, we celebrated Frank's, Ray's and my birthday on Ray's actual birthday. I use to not like sharing birthdays as a child, but it was great to have the opportunity for all of us to celebrate together. Had a great Cuban birthday cake that mom got because I wanted it. It was such a long trip for such a short visit.
In July, Dave's daughter Jamie came for a visit for the holiday weekend. I was a little apprehensive because she hadn't been around the kids for a long time. I wasn't sure how she was going to be especially after finding out she has a mild form Asburgers condition, which is almost like autism. But knowing this now sheds a lot of light on her past behaviors and I was more accepting and the visit was good. The kids enjoyed seeing their sister and getting to know her better.
Soon after her visit, we had to go on another road trip to Las Vegas, NV. Dave's dad passed away and we found out weeks after it happened. I was really upset that his half sister didn't have the common courtesy to let him know. After failed attempts to contact his dad, we found out he passed away. It was an emotional trip for all of us. We all wanted to be there to support the man we loved say goodbye to his father. On the positive side for July, the kids took some swimming lessons on base and have learned the basics! Yay! Finally!
The grave site
DJ feeling sad for daddy
Swimming lessons
The grave site
DJ feeling sad for daddy
Swimming lessons
In July, DJ had his 4th set of tubes placed in his ears. I pray to God that this will be the last one. More permanent tubes have been placed and will be in for a long while. So far he is doing good. Let's all cross our fingers and toes for good measure.
Getting ready for surgery #4
Getting ready for surgery #4
Our last trip in July was our vacation to Pagosa Springs, CO. This place was magical. I felt all my cares get lifted off my shoulders. We hiked to two waterfalls, went biking, played in the river, ate some really fresh, good food and just relaxed and explored. It was a such a wonderful time with the kids, trying to show them all the beauty that nature has to offer. I felt actual anxiety and heartache when we left. DJ and Yvie did not want to leave either. But that was the first part of our vacation. The second part was a staycation where we stayed at a local hotel and went to their water park all day. The kids enjoyed it and had a great time. I honestly felt ripped off for the price, but hey that's just me. Everything we do, it's for the kids,not us. Pretty sad, but we enjoy it as well.
Evening bike ride
Piedra Falls, CO
Piedra Falls, CO
Chillin' at the falls.
Getting cooled off in our clothes!
Feeling happy!
Selfie at Treasure Falls!
Treasure Falls, CO
Treasure Falls
Crazy face at Treasure Falls!
Evening bike ride
Piedra Falls, CO
Piedra Falls, CO
Chillin' at the falls.
Getting cooled off in our clothes!
Feeling happy!
Selfie at Treasure Falls!
Treasure Falls, CO
Treasure Falls
Crazy face at Treasure Falls!
Not much happened in August except that DJ started 2nd grade and started up with the cub scouts again. He loves it so much. It makes me happy to see him so interested in something so positive and outdoorsy. He also has started an after school program call run fit. It gets them prepared for running. So far he has liked it and is looking forward to running with me.
1st day of 2nd grade
DJ holding cub scout flag
Cub scout popcorn sales
State Fair selfie
Sticking with the kiddie rides
DJ holding cub scout flag
Cub scout popcorn sales
State Fair selfie
Sticking with the kiddie rides
In September, I started a different job at the VA. I am now a purchasing agent. This is something totally different after doing dentistry for 19 years. So far it has been good. Much better than dental, but it may be too soon to speak. So for September we have done our usual state fair tradition. DJ has been actually big enough for the big kid rides. He went on one with Dave and did NOT like it at all and was apprehensive about going on anymore of the big rides. He pretty much stuck to the kiddie ones. Yvie on the other hand was gung ho, but still too little. Maybe next year. This weekend DJ got to shoot his first bow and arrow and BB gun at the cub scout adventure day. I think he has found something he likes very much. I feel so bad for Yvie because she gets to be a bystander in all the things DJ does. She wants to do all the things her brother does and she is held back because she is either too small or it is only for the cub scouts. I do not like this unfairness. Life just keeps getting more and more hectic. Hopefully it won't take me as long top do my next post.




































No comments:
Post a Comment