Saturday, February 8, 2014

Hiking,Snowboarding, and the Yvie at the dentist

Once again I am having a glass of wine and pondering on the first month of the year.  Can't believe it is already gone.  One month into the new year and so far (cross our fingers), we are all doing good.  DJ still loves school, Yvie enjoys preschool, I still tolerate my job while Dave enjoys his.  But we all have so many things to be thankful for.  So far this year, we have been on two hikes, one to the foothills and the other to Tent Rocks, which was a long awesome hike.  I was very pleased with DJ and Yvie for completing the 2 hour hike. They never cease to amaze me.  Also, we took the kids up to Taos to take snowboarding lessons.  I took lessons as well and have come to realize that I am not as young as I used to be.  I don't think I have ever fallen on my ass that much.  The kids loved every minute of their lessons and now think they are pro.  I also went to DJ's first school dance.  It was a 'sock hop' and we danced a whole hour straight.  Listened to music that reminded me of my dad.  Made me really miss him.  Tried to teach DJ how to do the 'twist' and the 'cupid shuffle', It was great!   Yvie also had her first dental cleaning.  She was not scared at all.  As long as Mommy was there to hold her hand, she was fine.  Life Happens. I have to remind myself to enjoy it! 
At Sandia Base Elementary 'Sock Hop'
Snowboarding
DJ learning to snowboard in Taos


Yvie learning to snowboard

Look at DJ go!


Looking Good DJ



Yvie with her teacher

Go Yvie!

I'm impressed!

And down she goes!

DJ going to try again

Yvie cruising on the board

Dave going on another snowboarding run

Tent Rocks

My Loves!


All my favorite people!

Yvie with Daddy in the background

View from the top at Tent Rocks

Snacks at the top

Trying to be like Daddy

Dave at the top of the rock

Slot Canyon, Tent Rocks


Tent rocks

Yvie at Tent Rocks

DJ 

Mommy and DJ





Hiking in the Foothills with Dodge and Luna

Snack Time



Hiking while holding hands, very precious moment
.
Yvie's first dental visit.

No comments: