I think October is one of my favorite months. Fall is almost here and it is not too hot or cold. This year we started October with the 'Balloon Fiesta.' Last year I couldn't go because I was pregnant and on bed rest. It was nice to go and see DJ get excited at all the balloons. Yvie on the other hand couldn't care less. She was along for the ride.
DJ had a big shocker this month too. He started a new daycare at Kirtland Air force base. I felt so horrible. He had been at the daycare for over 3 years and was very comfortable there. Now I had to take my child to a new place and leave him there. I put a brave face on and escorted him to his new room and his new teacher. He cried and clung to me and a little piece of me died on the inside:( It took weeks for him to finally get used to being there.
Later that week Yvie came down with 'toxic synovitis.' This condition affects children and causes hip pain and limping. This condition started gradually with her favoring her left leg and limping when she used her walker. Later in the week she refused to use the leg or stand on it and would cry when we touched her leg. I ended up taking her to urgent care for a battery of exam and tests. They first thought her hip was dislocated since it appeared much longer in a visual exam. 1 xray of the hip and one of the knee, 2 ultrasounds, 2 blood tests, and 7 hours later, nothing was found and we were referred to the UNMH children's hospital the following morning for more of the same!!!! My poor baby was miserable and so was mommy! Next day we went for the same tests to see if anything had changed. More blood work, one more xray, and one more ultrasound and results were negative for any abnormalities. So the doctors said 'toxic synovitis'. They said it occurs mostly in boys and a little older in age sometimes caused by growth spurts. Two weeks worth of ibuprofen around the clock was what they recommended and I guess that is what she had cause it seemed to work.
We also went to to the pumpkin patch again. It was a sunny, beautiful day! The kids enjoyed themselves immensely.
Yvie also turned one!!! What a wonderful, incredible year it has been! I'm not sure how we survived it, but we did! Yvie had her first taste of cake and enjoyed it immensely!
Three days later and it was Halloween! My favorite time of year! DJ was 'Buzz Lightyear' and Yvie was a pumpkin. DJ really got the hang of trick-or-treating and eating candy this year. I really am the luckiest person in the world to have 2 beautiful and wonderful kids!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment