




Time has a way of getting away from you. one moment it it February, the next time I look it is June! Where has the time gone???? So much has happened since I last posted. I don't know where to begin. First off, in March, Dave was gone for several weeks getting ready for his upcoming deployment to Afghanistan (which he got put on stand by). This was a very trying time for me and especially DJ since he has become so attached to his Dada. He was pretty good most of the time and showed me lots of patience since he had to wait for me a lot due to his sister who needed me more than him. The hard part was him waking up at night crying for his Dada. This scared me a lot since he is normally a good sleeper and never wakes up. I felt so bad for him. It's a horrible thing to hear your child crying with fear. This started happening quite frequently coinciding with Yvie's night feedings. Needless to say, I did not sleep very much.
Since Dave was going to get deployed, we decided this might be a good time to get married. So off to Las Vegas we went with two kids in tow. An 8 hour drive turning into 10 hours. DJ was a real trooper, Yvie not so much on the way there, much better on the way back. Talk about a turn around trip! We get there, go get the license, and then to the hotel to get the kids ready for bed. The next day we get married, have lunch with my family, go back to the hotel and relax. Then bath and bedtime for the kids. Not much of a wedding night! LOL! Next day another long drive home.
Deployment day was looming over our heads and then Dave gets told he is on standby! I thanked God! I was happy for myself and the kids, sad for Dave because he just wanted to get this over with while the kids were still young. Oh well, that's the military for you! So, we were able to enjoy our Easter without having to think that this might be the last one.
No comments:
Post a Comment